Isabella's Web Zone

Chapter 9

Module 9 gave me some more knowledge on the types of buying and selling that happens on the internet, I participate in B2C and C2C regularly. I like buying things off of amazon but I also like using ebay which is C2C. I like using C2C because you can negotiate a price and it’s not just a set price like buying B2C on amazon. I have got very nice cabbage patch kid dolls on ebay after bidding $1 higher at the last 10 seconds of the bid. On a previous chapter summary I mixed up the terms “brick and mortar” and “bricks and clicks”, reading this chapter I realized that my place of work is a bricks and clicks business because they have many established retail stores and also an online version. I didn’t know what an intermediary did before reading this chapter, probably because since I've been alive they’ve been steadily declining because of the internet. Neither me or my family have ever used a travel agent. Reintermediation seems great to me, because it can help people book their vacation all in one place. I am very familiar with a digital wallet because I keep most of my debit and credit cards on my apple pay wallet, because it’s very convenient for me because I lose my physical cards. The chapter taught me that companies will often create different user-interfaces on websites to cater to where their customer is located or what language they speak. I never knew that they did this but I think it is great for attracting business to people all across the world.

<- |Appendix...2...3...4...5...6...7...9...10| ->